Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Obama's Speech



Not too long ago, I just finished a beer after a long day of work. Feeling exhausted, I glance over the web, but my mind was looking forward to lying down on my soft comfortable bed and passing out.
When I was about to call it a night (around 9pm...i was tired), I get a call to do this last-minute assignment, due the next morning! I had work the next day at 9am, but I still accepted the great opportunity with gratitude. After the call, I go over to the kitchen counter to make coffee. I send two roughs within hours; get a sketch approved and chosen; finished the final; emailed the piece at 7am; had breakfast; and left my apt for work by 8am. Actually, I was so tired, I dozed off standing up in the subway! ha! I had many cups of coffee that day...many.
Unfortunately, the project got cancelled, and didn't get published. They decided to go a different direction. but I really liked the piece and the whole experience, so I will post it here.

The piece is about Obama's speech designed to fit the appropriate audience perfectly, and effortlessly. whether its for 6th grader or senators, he adjusts accordingly.
They went with the second direction of Obama "measuring" the ears of the people.

The director pointed out that there shouldn't be a pencil on a caliper. I look at it, and agree! I was thinking of a compass, cuz of the whole "designing" the speech aspect. That's what happens when you're sleep deprived. Well, I'm glad to have an art director to catch those things. So I made the appropriate changes and got it finished.

thanks for looking

1 comment:

gina said...

wow this ones REALLY good!! too bad it didn't get published after u went through such a rough night! thought it was interesting how u showed the rough draft & final too!